Originally posted by carshateme:
the guy kinda just scoffs at me and tells me its definately the alternator "If a fuse went, you wouldn't be getting anything at all."

He means that if the fuse is blown you would get no current. But what he doesn't realize is that the megafuse can be partially blown as well. Search for megafuse here and you will find pics to help you locate it.

Originally posted by carshateme:

So I call around all the local mechanics and the best price I could come up with to replace the Alternator was $242 from Pep Boys. And it won't be a brand new alternator, but a Factory Re-built one.

Normally I would say yes go with Pep Boys, but others here have had issues with rebuilt alternators, so you should search on alternators as well and learn what they have to say. If Pep Boys gives you a lifetime warranty on it, I would go with it regardless. But do tell them to check out your wiring, saying you heard about one guy with contour who needed an new alternator every year, and since they certainly will not want you making repeated warranty claims they will take a few minutes to check out your wiring.

'95 Contour GL 2.0l automatic, 110k miles