Originally posted by johnoh:
Assuming you are not wanting to take the do-it-yourselfer approach, the key is having someone else do it but not getting ripped off. You can go to an autozone or walmart or any place that sells batteries and they will do a quick check of your battery and alternator and tell you whether either or both are shot. Mention to them that your car has a megafuse between the battery and alternator. They should be able to diagnose the problem, and will not charge you for it (in my experience).

If all you need is a battery, you can buy one there. If you need an alternator, you can call around to shops to get the price+installation. Its possible your problem goes beyond this, but hopefully not - your symptoms are those of a bad alternator.

Thanks a lot for the quick responses guys! I'm going to try and charge and test the battery first thing tomorrow. I'll let you know how everything works out.

Also, how can I get to the megafuse? If I'm understanding this correctly, the battery connects to the megafuse, which connects to the alternator?

Thanks again!

-ant