I think I have two seperate issues to deal with. I am a mustang guy and have owned several the past 25 years. The contour is my mom's that I'm trying to freshen up for her.

The car is a 96 V6 Duratec Contour with 68K miles. First, is the check engine light won't stay off. I've ran codes several times with different scanners and it says no codes. Everytime I run for codes the CE light goes off, but comes on again after a couple of miles. I've also disconnected the battery with a door open to clear codes, reconnected it and the CE light would still come on after a couple of miles. Any opinions other than pulling the fuse???

The 2nd issue is really bugging me. There is a loud hum noise comming through the air box when the car gets warm (Kinda like a vacum cleaner). I checked the filter which looked new, but the noise was louder than the car itself with the airbox open. Also, the noise does NOT change if I rev the engine. There is also a little vibration at the black tubbing between the MAF and intake (TB maybe). I believe this is the source. Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.