Originally posted by wavrdr:
Tires......they really made my CSVT-turbo much more enjoyable to drive...Then again I was only making in the 240+whp range...

Honestly though, there are quite a few tires out there to choose from. My dilemna with the CSVT and my current car is that they're "handlers" so slapping on a drag radial you're gonna see the cornering ability go down ever so slightly based on driving psi(tire).

I ran the BFG DR's on the CSVT, and have had Nitto's on the Z,(they worked well early and quickly faded to be worse than regular radials), and now have settled on the Toyo RA1. The Toyo is far superior to both for daily, or even often driving as they are designed for wet weather(official wet weather race tire for the Speedvision cars), they have stiff sidewalls, they have 8/32 tread versus 5/32 for both the BF and the Nitto, so the 100treadwear will give you more life, and they handle some serious power!

I have them in all 4 corners and run full ps(42front/41rear)and have the ability to utilize all gears. Now granted I'm running 305/35/18 and am RWD, but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys on my tire experiences.

Good Luck!

Very good review and information. Thanks!

You're driving a vette now right?

Edit: Duh I see it in your sig.... for me

Last edited by warmonger; 09/05/06 01:16 AM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black