Depending on what happened on purchases, payments, debts, leases, utilities, and how they shared incomes, what they did jointly, and details of "I'll cover this for you while you cover that for us" (was the house or new car or 60" TV in his name while she made the payments on it, etc.), she MAY have all kinds of recourse against him for MORE than just the fees on the checks he wrote.

So how much of "her" money did he grab and move into "his" separate account? Is any real property involved? Is this checking account story only part of how he screwed her over financially?

MANY states have case law treating break ups of domestic partnerships like divorces with equitable division of property and debts.

IF there are bigger legal issues here, then "Mr. I'm So Clever, I Bet Nobody Ever Tried This Stunt Before" set himself up to get CREAMED. Will this jerk get ANY slack from a judge or court arbitrator?

Forget looking for a banker. Look for consultations with dom rel lawyers instead.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159