Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:
Originally posted by contourdude:
I bought an se with a blown engine (threw a rod thru the oil pan) and it came with an svt block.... Should i just swap the heads off the se on to the SVT block, or should i buy SVT heads off here for 275?

I personally would go with a full SVT motor, less complications on the install. Dont forget you need to put in high octane gas from then on though.

There's really no difference in the SE heads vs. SVT heads other than extrude honed ports. The thing is, the ports are so straight and easy to access, it's easy to port the SE heads out to SVT specs (or beyond). SVT heads are a waste unless they come with cams.

I vote for 3L though, no matter what way you build it (cheap-o hybrid, full 3L, or bastard-ized version anywhere inbetween). How could anyone be upset with an extra 20-30 HP and 20-30 foot pounds of torque minimum? The only people I've ever seen complain about the 3L swap are people that had no buisness doing their own engine work in the first place, 2.5 or 3.0, let alone attempting a swap of any sort.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."