I have a 95 contour GL and I was looking for information on installing a clutch and pulley on the compressor. I went on the Ac Information Forum and I ran across this:
This vehicle uses an FX15/FS10 compressor which is known for compressor failures. Black death is the main cause for this and requires a fair amount of work to clean/remove the debris. Here are 2 links one concerning Black Death and the other concerning Flushing an auto a/c system. Here is the Black Death link the flushing link is nolonger available
http://www.ackits.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Black%20Death

I've found some good information on this site and I have never heard anyone say anything about Black death being a problem for our compressor. Just curious to know if anyone else has heard of this black death or experienced it. Now back to my issue. I still think it is my clutch that is bad in my system compressor is making a grinding noise. I need to know what special tool is needed to remove the pulley and any other helpful information for this install Thanks

2006 Mustang GT 2004 Mustang GT (Gone) 2004 Yamaha FZ1 1995 Contour GL 1982 Cutlass 2 door