Originally posted by projectSHO89:
Originally posted by amarv12:
My thought was that under certain conditions it's possible for an external cooler to cool the ATF below the temp of the engine coolant. So if you send it through the external cooler then through the original cooler it might actually heat the fluid up and be working against you....that's why i did it the same way that the original poster was planning. But i have to admit that i don't know typical temps for ATF or engine coolant...so i don't even know if that line of thought is correct...

The integral radiator cooler will be running around 160-200 F, depending on ambient and operating conditions. Normal tranny fluid temps should be 190-220F on the high end. If the fluid is too cool, the computer will not command torque converter lockup.

If cooler climates, an external cooler that exits directly into the transmission may cool the fluid too much and prevent TC lockup aversly affecting fuel economy.

Steve

Hence why I said it doesnt matter what line you cut. I cut the front one cuz it was easier to get to.

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho