Originally posted by SquareHead:
How much was the tranny upgrade?
Looks really good and beefy.

The Torsen was 650 from BAT, but I hear they are discontinued. If I can remember correctly the rest of the parts came to around 350. If you PM me I can send you the spreadsheet I madeup to order the stuff. It has all of the part numbers and discriptions.

I did the work myself. I could not see paying to ship it back and forth from Terry. There is nothing real special about this tranny, except maybe the shims. I guess they are hard to find. With the Torsen I did not need any, everything went back with original shims. Checked with a micrometer.

I did not do the shift tower upgrade at the time. I was out of money. I should probably do it sometime in the future. I also did not switch to the Zetec final drive because all of the gears on the output shaft are sold as a package for 1000 dollars. Terry will only sell them to you if you have him rebuild the tranny for you. Maybe I will look for one at the wrecking yard when I do the 3.0L upgrade in a couple weeks.

1998 Contour SVT Black w/ Blue interior Torsen LSD updated shiftforks Lightened Flywheel, HD Drivelines Optimized Thottle Body 2003 3.0L engine upgrade (Soon to be)