Looking to upgrade the ride/handling and stay OEM, without lowering? I ordered a full set of SVT shocks and springs for the manual 2.5L (Same setup as on the SVT) for about $400 new including shipping from Steve at Tousely. The ride is smooth, firm, well controlled, particularly at highway speed, even over rough or uneven pavement. A passenger said it felt like the car was on rails. And, you can load the car with gear or passengers without fear of bottoming out or scraping the front valance. You won't be disappointed--but you will still have some wheel gap common to most stock setups. However, if it's superior handling you really want, with the aesthetics of less wheel gap, and can live with the small drop (Any lowering is nothing to slough off as insignificant), go with the BAT kit or the Koni Kit if you can pull the cash together.

Oh, and don't forget the $550 to install all this stuff if you don't have the tools and/or time. Major expense for these cars with the sophisticated suspensions they have. The stuts are buried in the coils. All totalled, I was out nearly a grand, but the car only has 67M on it, and like new. It was cheaper to upgrade I car I like than buy something else.

Last edited by Bluespeed; 09/05/06 12:48 AM.