Originally posted by SHOgoFast:
Is there any suggested reading one could do to increase knowledge of the tuning process? Something equivalent to Maximum Boost for turbo knowledge? I have spent some time on the SCT forums but they dont seem to be "busy" enough. Almost completely Mustang related too.

Go to SCTs forums and just search for threads on topics that interest you. The mustang stuff is just as valid because tuning an engine on the same type of engine management system is basically the same. Mustangs just have a few different features from us but that really isn't much to learn the differences. It is the air/Fuel, spark, Fuel and such that are the most important things to learn to tune and they all tune the same way.

EEC-V is great! I coudln't even imagine buying a standalone system now when I know how powerfull the EECV is! I'd sooner buy the SCT PRP, a used computer and harness and adapt it to an engine, all for around $1000 rather than buy a standalone for up to $2000 without wiring harnesses, etc.

As

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black