Thank you to all for your responses.

Tony, I will check that out and let you know. We are in the path of Ernesto and it has been stormy and pouring here all day. It is hugging the coast a little south of me right now and we are expecting its third landfall any time now so we are all hunkered down hurricane-style. Even though it is looking as if it will not be too much trouble, I am right here on the coast in a grove of live oaks and anything can happen - you never know.

A brief update - the best electrical man on the strand, that I mentioned I was going to have look at it in my first post, said it would be pretty useless because he's seen this a lot here and he'd cause more damage moving things to look. He advises all his customers to get rid of that car unless Ford will rewire it on their dime.(currently not an option for me...)

He recommended temporarily putting in a circuit breaker where the EEC module fuse goes that will reset itself in a less than a minute and get a new car when I can. Another mechanic is building me one since they are not available and he is going to check my car out for other problems when I can get it up to him next week. I, meanwhile, well, I'm scared to drive it either way and have it cut off, putting myself and others in danger.

What do you all think about the circuit breaker idea to be able to drive it to the mechanic? Get it towed? or is it not as big a deal as I think it is.

Seems to me it should have been a safety recall. Ford Dealer called it a recall but said is was not a safety recall and left to the dealer's discretion whether it was needed. Safety recalls are forever, at least that is what the dealer told me. 10yrs and 100,000 miles seems like a committment to the problem to me and they could extend that 7mos but - apparently not. I'm over the mileage as well anyway.

btw - I had a thunderbird I loved for 20yrs and it was a great car with proper care and feeding - so I do have a soft spot in my heart for Ford. Seems I'm just out of luck with this one for now but I'm an eternal optimist and not ready to give up yet.

I've been on a work deadline painting a sign at home so its been the front burner priority. Should have it done this weekend and have the time to really focus on the car next week and my next steps with that ~ Lâtka