Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Forgive me for this, but WHATS THE POINT IMO this is a very expensive braggin' right title, but if thats your thing, more power to you and good luck I've driven JD's Dad's ride and it pulled 401 hp w/ 17 psi and its now turned down to about 12.5lbs (about 350 hp to the wheels) and its basically undriveable in 1st and most of 2nd gear. Don't get me wrong, its great what some of you guys have been able to do in the past 3 years, but theres just NO way to harness all that power unless your in 3rd gear and your rollin' along

The 2.5L....Umm yeah it pulled some power. But we aren't talking race gas and ice in the intercooler tank for one run.

We're talking pump gas here. Like Ray's car drove almost 100 miles rolled right onto the dyno and dropped down 350 at 10psi on pump gas.

The power is usable if you have multistage boost controllers and besides that it's fun as hell!
I'll tell you what, the turbo 3L isn't even the same animal as the turbo 2.5L engines. THe area under the curve below 5K rpm just absolutely tromps any turbo 2.5L graph I've ever seen, includign JD's Dads car....A very nice car I might add so no offense to it.

But there is still work to be done and there IS a point to it. Someone is going to make one of these suckers hook up. No one uses drag radials but once they are put on one of the 3L turbos there will be some absolute azz kickin at the strip and anywhere else.

Someone's got to do it.........

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black