Well, a day prior to the biggest car show in Western Canada, I went with my brother to the lake in his Contour. The car was all cleaned up and ready for the show, all it was missing was the Ascendant Audio Poly 6.5s that Canada Post lost in the mail. Other than that, everything, including a redone dash, the fiberglass enclosure I've been working on for over a year, my battery relocation and all my wiring were done, it all worked perfectly and everything looked perfect.

So I get home today and as I'm pulling into the lot I notice my car is sitting lobsided on two jacks and a wooden block. My Hotwheels Redline wheels are gone that I had already as much as sold to my friend, but they didn't stop there.

Everything that was in the hatch, including my battery is gone, all the amps, my sub and it's enclosure, the wires, the head unit, the speakers, and most of the wiring are gone. The alarm was obviously set off but once they got into the hatch and pulled the battery it was useless. I have no idea how the 50 appartments that overlook my car in the lot didn't notice it going off for as long as it did. The battery is a side post under the floor, it had to have been running for at least 5 minutes before they could have gotten at the post and even after that I built the hatch to only come apart in a certain order, it takes me over 15 minutes to do and I designed the damn thing. My keyfob had been vibrating on my coffee table so long it made it's way onto the floor.

They destroyed my switch panel prying it out and scratched up the dash trying to pop off the Autometer guages. They didn't get them out but they sure made a mess trying.

I think I said this before but I think I should have stuck to it. I'm done trying to have nice stuff, I take such good care of this car and worked so hard trying to make the stereo as good as I could, now it's all gone because someone else decided they wanted it. He'll probably get $300 for everything and buy crack with the money.

Anyways, this was the last time I took shots of everything long before it was finished. but after the battery had been moved. Since then I had the floor finished, one large flush piece with a view window of the fuse and distribution blocks as well as the battery and the amplifier under the enclosure. Also the enclosure was painted liquid grey with a carpet backing and underside. I was going to take pictures at the car show today but the car didn't make it there.

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003