Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by CTC:
In NECO they say me that if the fuel system is the same the ECU will fit. Only need a repat key in my dealer

Please read what Big Daddy Kane said...he is living in Germany and knows more about the mondeo and contour differences than just about anyone.

I know some mechanical stuff that is/is not interchangeable...

I'm curious myself to see if a Mondeo ECU will plug into a Contour...

Anyone ever pick up a Haynes manual and try to follow the wiring diagrams in the back? Not fun for the reason that Haynes 'assumed' the Mondeo and Contour were identical (which also happens randomly inside, for example, try to follow their directions on removing the headlight switch... bet you break it!).

Here is a picture of a European Ford key:

Source

According to the below site, early Mondeos get a red key that is the 'master' key that is needed to reprogram other keys. This is different than Contour PATS programming, which is why I believe that ECU will not work in this respect...

However, the programming for the 'PATS System II' looks the same for our PATS system, so maybe it will. And if you were not supplied keys with this ECU, you are correct in having to take it to Ford for them to program your keys into the ECU...

Another good look at Mondeo keys

Look at the bottom for programming PATS

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V