Well about 3 months after my power antenna mast was replaced, I'd say about 2 days ago the antenna was intermittently going up and down. Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't. I think yesterday it went down for the last time as when turning the deck on and off, I don't even hear the usually hum or noise from the antenna or even the motor for that moving. I hear a SLIGHT knock or jerk (very light or quiet) and that's it. Is this something caked on the mast that's preventing it from moving and it needs lubrication? Or do I have to assume that the whole thing needs to be replaced? If it's something I can disassemble and reassemble I'll be glad to do that and relubricate the parts. If anyone has a schematic for that (assuming that's possible), otherwise car-part.com is telling me that then power antenna for this car is unavailable in my area meaning it's pretty much if I get lucky and being there today I didn't see any mystique LS or contour SEs out there. So where do I go from here? Take it apart and hope for the best? If so how? I don't want to replace it because the part will be harder to find than it's worth, but I want to listen to the radio again. Again the mast was a NEW replacement so I'm assuming it's either a jam or the motor dying.

p.s. Tony2005, if you reply can you I guess provide me some general idea of how this is done, I'm sure you or todras have some vauge experience with this as this is not just my problem but slightly more common I assume, TIA CEG

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)