Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:
Originally posted by plance1:
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
I'm certainly pleased with the result of the auction . I feel they should all sell that high (well maybe not ALL , but well-kept examples) .

Really?

im sorry but I cant agree with this... chances are if im buying a 6 or 7 year old car, im not buying it to have high resale.

Now if I were buying say... a brand new Honda Civic in 4 or 5 years I would expect for the resale to hold very well on it. I would never pay a hell of a lot of money for a bone stock 2000 or older CSVT, as much as I would love to have one.

Well - you're obviously looking at this from the wrong side of the fence . I am the (first/only) owner of a low mileage , near mint CSVT - my next step would not be to BUY one , but to SELL one . It would be in MY best interest for them to sell at a HIGH price . IMHO , the cars are a damn sexy , very capable , very low production unit that deserves better than to be lumped with the thoughts of being a beat-down POS rental car . I feel some day it will get it's due .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !