And loving it! I finally got on track at the Glen, and it was pretty sick. Mark (T-Red98) showed up too. Hot dang does an SVT with headers/y/intake pull hard! I was stretching towards 110 (~4th redline) on the back straight, and he wasn't having much trouble hitting it - and thanks to my tires, I was coming out of the esses at least 10mph faster!

The Contour feels awesome on the fast corners. I kept it brimming with oil (7qts) and had no issues, despite ~70 laps, each with 4 very long, sustained right-handers at 5,000 - 7,000 rpm. And it was really fast. Thanks to a forgiving chassis and lack of power (and some autocross experience) I was able to push pretty hard through the corners. It's amazing how a car that sticks well, when driven on the right line, will come FLYING up on a C5 or Mustang Cobra that's missed an apex. As fast as those cars are, they really don't stick in the corners much better than the Contour. Power was much less of a factor here than I imagined it would be.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results