Originally posted by todras:
Dude the hard part is done. Get a small pry bar and push the bushings in the bracket out a little. When you tighten the 2 bolts they will slide back where they should be. You only have to move then 2-3 mm out so it's easier to slide the alt. in.

Yes, that's what everyone keeps telling me, that the hard part is done. Which is why I'm offering cash money because for someone who can do it quick it's easy money. Yet I can't seem to "slide" the alt. in, get the 2 holes to line up, and put the bottom bolt in temporarily from the passenger side. Without the connectors, I can sometimes line up the 2 holes. With the connectors, the top hole refuses to line up. I can get the bottom to line up and the top within the bracket, but I can't get leverage to push it in place. I did try to move the sliding bushing (not knowing whether they moved or not) but my pry bar is too big to fit in there. I filed the alt tab a little bit hoping to make it easier, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. So, any takers?

Andy 96 Contour V6 101000 miles