I just did a 4-wheel sport brake upgrade on my 99 CSVT and I am just not happy. I purchased the EBC Sport Rotors (Grooved & Dimpled) with Mintex A/F Pad upgrade along with Aeroquip Brake stainless steel front hoses from BAT. When I did the install I also replaced the brake fluid with Valvoline's synthetic fluid.

When I was done I noticed the pedal travel was a little on the long side and the brakes felt a little spongy. So I bleed the whole system again. This improved the feel a bit but the brake travel was still longer than it was before. I then checked the rear adjusters and did find the right side adjustment to be off a bit. This improved the travel some but it was still a bit long and the brakes just didn't feel very strong but I only had less then 150 miles on them so I decided to hang for a bit.

The bedding instruction said to drive normally and avoid heavy braking for 300 to 500 miles and that is what I did. Now I am a pretty aggressive driver and while it was killing me to take it easy I did for a little over 500 miles. Thinking I was good I picked up the pace but found the brakes faded very quickly and the longer petal was really screwing up my heal and toe footwork.

To make an already too long story shorter I have tried several different bedding procedures to address the fade issues and to solve the long petal I added the old rear pad shims to the new Mintex pad. The shims pretty much solved the petal travel issue but there is still something amiss with the fade and overall feel of this new brake setup!

With over 1300 miles I would think the bedding process should pretty much be done right?!?! Since this is my first time with this type of setup I just am not sure but this seems a little crazy. I really don't know where to start at this point. My hunch is there is something going on with the Mintex pads because they are ok for one or two aggressive stops then they just go south after that. I have never used the Valvoline synthetic fluid but I can't see it being the fluid with how quickly the brakes fade.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am just discussed spending this kind of money and not getting good results.