Folks,

Thanks for all the support!!!

I used the air gun and the crank pulley came right off without using anything to hold it. Not sure if WD40 overnight helped out.

I jacked the motor up and took off the two motor mount nuuts and then also took the whole motor mount off of the fender as well with no problem.

After removing both of the timing belt and crank pulley covers I found the lower idle pulley shattered in pieces as I suspected. I replaced all idlers, tensioner, the belt and lined things up with the camshaft/crank pin tool kit. The car runs great!

A couple things I learned.
1. You don't have to remove the water pump. I removed the three bolts on the pump pulley as noted by another poster to access the cover torx bolt. At 60K miles I didn't want to touch it if I didn't need to
2. You only need to loosen the intake cam gear to take up belt slack during tensioning. I did not have the right size reverse torx bit to loosen the exhast cam gear bolt. I would have liked to loosen both, but things seem fine.
3. Lastly, I was getting P0340 once and a while and replaced the sensor, PCM, etc. When the lowere idler was the failing component.

Thanks for the help.

Bob M.