Originally posted by Tony2005:
Hey! We don't need your links, just your advice, expertise and experience. I've already posted those two links.

LOL! I see how it is. Yea sorry I didn't bother reading all of your links or clicking on them otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting them. My bad. Good advice and quick to the punch man!

So as far as expertise and experience...

Heres what you'll have to do:

-Remove the air intake and all of it's vaccumm tubing and put to the side
-Disconnect the EGR valve vaccuum tubing, unbolt the EGR valve
-disconnect the idler air valve wire plug (mark it with label)
-disconnect the EGR vaccumm valve wire plug(black cylinder looking thing on the back of the UIM, mark it with label) and then disconnect all of the vaccuum lines going to it.
-Unplug all of the plug wires and make note of which ones go where.
-unplug the coil pack from the harness and unbolt it from the valve cover.
-Unbolt the UIM, remove it from the engine and set it aside.
-Unplug harness from the alternator and unbolt wiring to it
-Unplug HEGO or O2 sensors from harness (mark with labels)
-Unplug cam sensor and crank sensors (marking wire plugs with labels)
-Unplug the oil pressure sensor behind the A/C compressor (mark with label)
-Unplug the injectors from the harness and mark ends.
-Unplug the speed sensor on top of the transmission
-Unplug knock sensor on back side of engine towards driver side (mark with label)
-behind the powersteering resoivor is the ECU plug. There is a allen screw holding the plug on. Unscrew it and it comes off.
-Unbolt starter connections and remove plug from starter.
-On the drivers side over by where the air intake sits is the connection which goes to the power distribution box and the interior cabin. There is another allen screw here which holds the connection together. Unscrew it and disconnect it.

At this point assuming I haven't forgotten something you should be ready to remove the harness from the engine bay.

Now remove all of the plastic wire covering and inspect all of the wiring for broken insulation and bare wires. Cut the sections off one at a time. Doing it this way will elimate the chance of wires getting mixed up.

Once you are finished replace the plastic wire covering and use electrical tape to afix it to the harness so it will not come loose and fall off. You should be good to go after this. Remember to wrap the cam and crank sensors with copper wire and soder them to the corresponding ground wire. I believe I have this outlined in my previous How-To that I linked in one of my recent posts.

Good luck and again if you need anything don't hesitate to PM me with questions!

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp