Originally posted by PDXSVT:

Marty, what's this about Qbert and a blown 3.0L?
In a Contour or a Focus?
And when is he gonna be a regular on the CEG boards again?

Buying Offroadsvt's car, questions for you guys...

Was the "Foci" turbo'd Focus at the track last night?
Has he gotten drag radials yet?

I don't think he was there. A dude with a blue GTO was there, and he was haulin'! I'm not sure if it was the same guy/car we talked to last time or not. Also, there was a black late-model 'Vette there that sounded like it had a turbo. He was running ~125 MPH! It was a great night to be running! There were not too many people racing, and it seemed like in around 10-15 minutes cars were doing another run! Awesome weather for spectating too -- I had a tank top on 'til I left at 11 and was comfortable.

Meanwhile, if there may be a possible meet going on up around Issaquah on 9/9/06, how about 9/16/06 for closer to Portland? Who wants in?

About doing a Portland G2G, I'm OK with doing a drive or go karts (though I must be carrying 80 lbs of ballast compared to Marty). We often have dogs boarding with us on weekends, but if no one has an aversion, I could offer use of my yard and gas grill for doing burgers. Or there's always beer and pizza places or a McMenamin's. Or I could shop for a group rate at a local dyno?

Followed by a Saturday evening at the PIR night drags?

Unfortunately I'm already booked on the 9th, but I think the 16th will work for me! Drive, go-karts, drags -- any of that works for me!

Marty, I'm sorry I did not catch your PIR posting about last night in time to take you up on your laptop/link package.

No problem, it was kinda short notice, but I thought I'd bring it along in case you could make it.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"