So down around Portland we have the Woodburn drags; drags at Portland Internat'l Raceway; track days for the 1.9 mile road course at PIR; and go-karts somewhere.

Up around the Puget Sound area I hear there's a drag track (where is it?), and I have no idea of what else is up that way, including toward BC.

I've yet to check football and baseball schedules. (It's about time the White Sox pitchers woke up.) But it seems we need to figure out fast if we want to try soon having one big meet around Portland; or one big meet around the Sound; or one of each on different dates. I love BC, but doing the round trip from Portland in a day leaves little time to actually meet up or do much.

If someone likes Portland, what dates are "nominated" to be avoided? And what about dates to avoid for something close to Seattle, so maybe a few Oregon cars can make it up? And doing what? Racing? Mixing with other traffic on mountain drives? Beer, pizza and wrenches? And do locally active Focus and Cougar clubs exist?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159