Hey guys,

I have a 96 Contour Sport with the 2.5L and MTX. It was throwing 9 codes when I bought it but I fixed them all as of right now... Praying that none of them will come back...

Anyways, I recently bought a new upper and lower intake manifold gasket set and cleaned my manifolds to like new condition. I had my IAC off the upper intake manifold while it was soaking for a few days to help loosen up all the carbon from the EGR. I got it all put back together and now the car runs like a champ, but my idle is around 900 instead of its old 720 to 740 before the cleaning. Also when crusing in 5th gear and then putting the car in neutral the RPMs drop to 2000 until I come to a complete stop and then they drop to 900. Everything is smooth, just acting a little strange with the idle. I should have cleaned my Idle Air Control when I had it off the car, but I forgot.

Could this be my IAC acting up since I had it off? I reused its gasket because it was in perfect shape.

I just had a thought... maybe I need to go pull fuses 4 and 11 for a few minutes and see if that fixes it once my ECU is reset. I had my battery disconnected for about 2 weeks, and I assumed that my ECU would automatically reset, but maybe not.

Please feel free to shoot any other ideas at me. I thought it possibly could be the TPS, but I highly doubt it. I don't even know where the TPS is on my car!?!

Thanks guys, and sorry for the long post!

Reebs

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.