I'm faced with having to redo or replace the interior of my '64 Impala this winter. A long story short, a meth head broke into my car, camped out in it and decided to draw along all the stitching with a blue bic pen, stab holes into the headliner with said pen and puff through a carton of cigarettes and put them all out in the carpet

Now I can replace everything with the white OEM style vinyl upholstery and red carpet to restore it to how it was pre-methhead invasion, which would cost about $1200 in parts.

What I am really considering doing is to have new upholstery made in the OEM Super Sport pattern (seat covers and door panels) but in an aftermarket material. Here is an example of a convertible done in tweed IIRC.

I'm already going with a non-original color for the exterior and dash (an Impala color, but it's '04 Victory Red), custom wheels, exhaust, engine bay is period correct... yet aftermarket at the sametime, etc. I'm trying to keep the mods on a clean level. With that said, would an OEM style interior w/ a non-oem material (suede, leather, tweed, valore...) taking a step too far?

I like the variety of types of gear heads on CEG, so any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone