Wow, thanks for the great replies! You guys answered my questions and then some. Cost of living in Boulder is a big concern for me, as I do not wish to commute far (at least on a car/motorcycle). I really, really enjoyed how bike friendly Boulder was too! I'll have to look into the capped growth limit and the antisprawl boundaries, that sounds good to me (bad to my pocketbook though!). I'm glad to hear that winter is generally mild, as winter is only good for snowboarding and doing donuts in parking lots. The roads looked to be in great condition, smooth and no real imperfections to speak of (granted, my frame of reference is crappy MI roads). I spend most of my time on a motorcycle now, but I would probably buy a fun car/wagon to get me around. The ol' Contour is on it's last legs I fear. Can anyone comment on Pueblo Motorsports course? I also see that Miller Motorsports park is over in Utah...
Decisions, decisions! I applied for jobs in Boulder, Golden, and Denver. Now I just have to decide if I want to stay stateside, or move over to Asia and teach english for a couple years!
Thanks again guys, I think I got most everything I needed to know.