I'll try a little more since nobody else is chiming in.

I looked at the Ford CD diagram for the A/C-Heater. The green wire goes to the Power Distribution Box and another goes to the ignition switch. The red goes to the battery positive (so this means that the connector end should have power all the time). The green wire which goes to the PDB (Fuse 4 igniton) should have power but the one which goes to the ignition switch should not have power unless the key is in the acc or run/on position.

In your case, even when the ignition is not turned to run/on, the heater blower will come on when you turn on the blower switch. Now, did you say that the blower turns on when you turn to A/c or Panel, and was it at the red or blue side when that happens. (Trying to determine if it is a heater circuit or a/c circuit which has the cross feed). If it set to the blue side, and it does not come on during the Panel, then the cross feed could be from the heater circuit. If the blower comes on, then the cross feed could be from a/c circuit.

You should check the wiring under the passenger compartment fuse box again.

In addition, I remember you had a issue with the lights on the door not turning off. I think you should check the headlamp switch. It could be broken and that has a free safety recall if yours has not been changed yet. Call your dealer or register at www.fordvehicles.com to see if you are covered.

From Ford CD to diagnose a NON-OPERATIVE door lights.
PINPOINT TEST CA: ALL INSIDE HANDLE LAMPS, DOOR LOCK AND WINDOW SWITCH ILLUMINATION INOPERATIVE

�² CA1: CHECK OUTPUT OF FUSE 31 (7.5A)
�² CA2: CHECK INPUT TO FUSE 31 (7.5A)
�² CA3: CHECK HEADLAMP SWITCH OUTPUT
�² CA4: CHECK INPUT TO HEADLAMP SWITCH

Edit. Read this.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1172316&Forum=trouble&Words=headlamp%20switch&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=1172187&Search=true#Post1172316

and this for a how to from Autozone
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/d1/17/0900823d801bd117.jsp

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/17/06 03:10 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles