Originally posted by todras:
I was wondering when the MSP total was. Didn't see anything. Man that just sux hardcore. Post up pics ASAP. Hope you got it for low 20's or gasp even less.

I think I pretty much stole it. I scored it for $21,860 OTD including new tint being installed today! I couldn't pass that up. Helluvalot of car for that kinda coin! I'm pretty sure that they lost out on the deal. The salesman was certain that I was going to use their financing (secured my own) and buy an extended warranty (um, no). He was so disappointed when I told him that I wouldn't need either. His manager was even more perturbed. LOL. Whateva.

Yep. The MSP total happend 3 Fridays ago. I was litteraly 3 mins walking distance from my house too. You know what they say, most accidents happen less than 5 miles from home. I kinda zoned out and ended up becoming a statistic. The lady in the Navigator that hit me was speeding at least 10-15 over the posted 40 limit. Still my fault because I turned left in front of her. Totally didn't see her either as she was hidden behind a Yukon. Imagine my surprise when I made the turn and looked to my right. I was like WTF!!! I hammered it so that I wouldn't get t-boned and I ended up getting slammed on the right rear 1/4 panel and passenger door.

The damage assessment was: The MSP was thrown 180 degrees airborn (didn't flip over) across two lanes and landed on the median strip in my neighborhood. The unibody was completely bent and smashed in the rear. The right rear passenger door wouldn't open and completely misaligned by 4 inches or so. The wing shattered into pieces and trunk lid broke off and flew about 50 ft. away. The rear right tire/rim broke off the hub and the axle either broke away from the mounts or was bent I'm not sure. The trunk floor pan had a hole in it and the steel spare tire blew out and broke off the floor mount in the trunk. The steel rim on the spare was bent a little bit if you can believe that. All in all, it was FUBAR! I didn't even take pictures. I kept the shift knob for a keepsake, but that's it. I don't want reminders of it all. Thank God my son and wife weren't in the car. They would have been on the side that was struck by the truck. Gives me chills just thinking about it. I'm amazed that I walked away without a single scratch. I was just shaken.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R