SO, I'm a newbie to this group, but before I'd been lurking finding (trying to) some answers on this quite annoying car. Every Ford I touch seems to have a very idiotic way of fixing them, in one area or another.

So, heres the preface to the problems. I got this car from a guy who hated it with a passion. He was always fixing this or that, and finally got all the stuff fixed and then shot a rod. He wasn't kidding, there were two holes in the oil pan and it was almost broken right in half!!

So, without any knowledge on this car whatsoever, nor help, I proceeded to spend quite some time replacing the engine. Got it fired up today and actually idled really well!

Couple problems I'm having however...

To start the car, I have to jumper the solenoid right to the battery with the ign. on, which tells me its most likely the starter relay. I doubt the clutch switch or ign. switch is it, because this was a perfectly normal running car prior to the rod going on permanent vacation.
Is it relay 6 in the fuse box?

When the car fires up (quite nicely might I add) and I drive down the road, the speedo and odo aren't functioning. Is there a cable or connector somewhere that maybe I forgot to plug back in?

Now for the grand finally! Jeez...
A couple times when I came up to a light and put the clutch in (believe the revs were above 2k when I put the clutch in), the revs would just plummet and shut down the engine. WTF is that?!

Ok, begin discussing :^)

'98 SE V6 Mtx Black - For Sale