I still need some advice, i got everything pulled off and installed a new belt. It seems like the alloy cover was hitting the belt and it caused that side damage.

Now i installed the belt fired it up and it works great, got the tension set, torque on the tensioner.

BUt its still running close to the outside. It doesnt move anymore tho, before it used to move slightly from the intake to the exhaust cam on a cycle (in and out), not it runs to the outside but all the time.

I tried pusing the tensioner on that yellow pastic and the belt quickly moved towards the motor (which is what i wanted) its very strange how quickly it does it. I was just touching with my finger. Then i did the same thing on the bottom side of the idler and the belt moved out more.

So i dont know what to do, should i just leave it the way it is or use some spacers on that yellow plastic to keep it pushed in from the top? Does that sound like a good idea.

If anyone is in the GTA (Mississauga) area, i am willing to work with you on a price to get my contour fixed. I need a mechanic who has done this before to get it to run safely. Please let me know, PM or email at camunteanu@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ciprian