Originally posted by Loco4G63:
It isn't supposed to run off center. If you set it up somewhere off center once you start the car the belt will "center" itself. Point being mine (my first timing belt install) was off by very little, frayed the edge of the belt, and after that inital issue didn't fray anymore. The belt lasted another 40k before I changed it.

Mine runs like the pic above, not off the side but close to running off the side.

Im worried because i changed this belt about 1000km ago and all the parts were new. The tensioner had too much tension, way too much and the car stalled on the highway since the intake or crank jumped a tooth while running. I would like to avoid that so i dont know how to tell if its running correctly.

I adjusted the tensioner as per instructions above, but the belt is still constantly running offcenter to the outside, even after i took it for a 100km trip, its running offcenter and the belt is scraping the crank or something.

I just dont know what else to do, i looked at my old belt and pulleys and they all look perfect, i have a feeling something is wrong. Would an incorrect tension lead to this offcenter problem im having.

Please let me know,
Thanks in advance