Originally posted by scaryfast:
Ah ha! You guys are so resourcefull!Thank you so much! So do you fit a different oil filter on the car to use 6.5L? I do that on my probe and have a corvette zr1 filter, the integra filters allow a bigger capacity as well.

It has the stock diff, not a lsd. The s/c has been on there for 6K miles, i'm not sure what kind of a meter that could be used for as far as failure goes (miles vs failure)

only premium gas

No special filter... just overfill it by 0.5L (or quarts, whatever...) to have the extra oil in the pan.

Pop the clutch a few times and the stock diff will implode...

Premium is your only choice anyway... On a lot of high end cars, they "recommend" premium (hence the fuel guage will say "Premium Fuel Recommended." On an SVT, you will see "PREMIUM FUEL ONLY" printed on there... for a reason!

And there is another important resource for you to check out: FCO. Terry Haines is who you want to get in contact with to get an LSD put in that tranny... pronto!

Oh, and you will become friendly with the 99-02 Cougar guys/gals as well since the cars are nearly 100% mechanically identical... However, they never got an "SVT" model, but the rest applies.

And you can start setting people straight (if you haven't done so already) that the 2.5L Mazda KL is not the same as a 2.5L Ford Duratec... I'm sure you've seen it time to time, we get it here also!

Specs on the 2 engines:

2.5L Duratec (except the slightly smaller 2000 version):
  • 2544cc
  • 82.4mm x 79.5mm (bore x stroke)

2.5L KL
  • 2497cc
  • 84.5mm x 74.2mm (bore x stroke)

• Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 08/07/06 11:33 PM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V