Quote:

However, the Duratec is a very reliable motor... I have never been stranded due a motor issue.

Now the tranny on the other hand... Being S/C, it should have a limited slip diff (LSD) installed... but if it doesn't, Your stock diff is going to die!

So you have 2 things to check out... if the car has the original jackshaft for the S/C, and if it has the stock diff.

Other than those, if the car has been taken care of, you have nothing to worry about.

Oh, and watch out on sharp right hand turns (think cloverleaf interstate exits) at high RPM... there is an 'issue' with the 2.5L heads that can starve the engine of oil. Pretty much it will collect in the head and not drain down, so the pump is only sucking air. Fix for this is to run 6.5L of oil.

...But don't treat it as a 95 Camry that went 200,000 miles with no maintainance...

Ah ha! You guys are so resourcefull!Thank you so much! So do you fit a different oil filter on the car to use 6.5L? I do that on my probe and have a corvette zr1 filter, the integra filters allow a bigger capacity as well.

It has the stock diff, not a lsd. The s/c has been on there for 6K miles, i'm not sure what kind of a meter that could be used for as far as failure goes (miles vs failure)

I will take very good care of the car if i do get it. My pgt has 175K and counting, if you only saw pics. Its so clean and doesnt burn any oil, this car would be kept up just as well, waxed 2 times a month and detailed on a weekly basis. (only premium gas and synthetic oil!)
-L

"Dream as though you'll live forever, live a though you'll die today" -James Dean Live it, learn it and love it.