ok, this is like my 50th time with a battery light issue, and it's always different, here's the deal

my car started doing the intermittent battery light thing, usually at higher RPMs, so I poked around under the hood and realized that the belt wasn't nearly as tight as it used to be. belt tensioner, got it, replaced it (unfortunately had to have a shop do it, bolt was stripped). drive it for a day or two, and now it's back on, but it's on all the time.

I tested the voltage, 12.53 with the car off, 12.12 with the car on, which really doesn't seem that low for it to be the alternator. I just had the alt. replaced less than 6 months ago, and they had to repair the fuse while they were at it, they said there was bare wire causing the electricity to arc and zap the alternator.

I'm at the end of my rope here, if it's the alternator again, I'm getting rid of the car (I've been saving for something new, but kind of hoped that I could've saved a little while longer). I just did $250 in repairs on the thing, and I'm not going through the very expensive pain of another alternator, so any suggestions as to what the cause of the light might be? voltage just seemed too high to be the alt, but maybe I'm mistaken.

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k