Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by evocontour:
Simple - NX doesn't give as much of a saftey barrier for the A/F ratio to be a bit rich. You can lean out a NOS kit and get more power out of it without burning anything, but you increase the chances of running into a problem. NOS deliberately runs the fueling a little rich to prevent detonation. NX runs LEANER, closer to the edge of detonation. More power? YES. Feel safer? NO. (At least I don't) I've sprayed just about everything I own(about 14 cars depending on the month ) The simplest and IMO Safest are the ZEX and the VENOM kits - they shut off if the fuel pressure drops out - NX and NOS base kits do not come with any sort of fuel drop off protection. You can destroy ANY motor by not using nitrous CORRECTLY. Most casualties of spray I have seen are from people running too long on the bottle, running garbage for fuel or using it on a engine that was not mechanically healthy.
Just one thing Tricker - how is your setup gonna add 200 pounds? A full 10 pound bottle averages at 24-25 pounds EACH - FULL. A stack of solenoids,bottle brackets and hoses still can't weigh in more than 30 pounds.I count 80 pounds. Even with your ignition boxes - Maybe 90 pounds.

Totally not true.
NX does run a bit richer, about the same as NOS I'd imagine, just to protect the engine.

That is exactly what i was going to say. After i got my wideband i put it on the car, and went for a ride with the 100 shot. The second the nitrous hit in the AFR went down to 10:1 ish. And the higher the rpm's got the richer it got. Up above 6,000rpm's the AFR was 8.5:1 with the NX 100 shot jets in. Is 8.5:1 rich enough for ya evocontour? lol

I mean seriously...8.5:1...now wonder my motor has lasted so long with me spraying the guts outa it!

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit