Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

I launch at 3600 rpms, and dont let the secondaries close . I shift as late as possible, often times it will jsut barley hit the rev limiter before I slam it into next gear....

Thats the key to the fast Contour launch, keeping the secondaries open. On the strip its real hard, because there is so much bite, launching like that is really rough, if it spins, it'll hop, but if you just bog out your wasting time, so slipping is the key. Shifting at 6900 every shift is key, and being quick and smooth. Its a real good clutch even stock, so its not like the pedals gotta go to the floor to change gears. Watch THIS video, the first clip is a granny launch, the second is pretty aggressive, and the third is really aggressive. Might give you some ideas.

BTW, I've never been able to launch mine at the track like I can on the strip. Street launchs are nice, because I can just let things spin in first, on the track, I hit such hard wheel hop I actually jammed the shift linkage with it on one run, not good.

And a final thought, the mph on the run listed above looked really really low, my stock 98 SVT with 135k miles trapped 90mph with really slow 1/8th miles, me thinks you've got something holding you back.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.