Well at least yours doesnt come off! My front struts seem to work themselves loose every couple of weeks, and Im fugging sick of it. The nut will back off (even with a lock washer) sometimes like 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It results in a horrible clunking sound over every little imperfection as the top of the strut shaft wiggles around. I hate the SPC camber kit with a passion. Im going to be taking it off whenever I get around to replacing the rest of the suspension. Ive recently loctite-ed the hell out of them, hopefully they hold now. Im thankful, at least, that I can tighten them on the car, which Ive done twice now on the side of the freaking highway. The first time it happened I thought my passenger front wheel was about to fall off.

And yes, all the nuts were torqued to spec when the springs/struts/camber plates were put together.

SPC = crap

EDIT: Mark, are you talking about the nut that holds down the top plate, the half round half hex one? I was referring to the one under that plate. If the top nut is spinning the shock shaft, I suspect you may have the same problem as me underneath, resulting in the shaft being loose and just spinning.

Try using a small socket (will probably need a deep 1/4" socket to clear the adjuster tab) on the top of the strut shaft to hold it still, and using an open end on the nut. Fuggin' SPC.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!