First off my name is Albert and i'm kind of car savvy. My specialty is the lovely DSM (japanese car made by americans) so I know about screwy problems with Mitsubishis.

Searched Post

I am familiar with car forums as well and performed a search. Coinsidently enough the guy in this thread actually lives in the same town as me. So hopefully Carl Beasley Ford can give me the same deal

The MLPS seems to be my problem but it looks like its been replaced before based on the pictures in the reference thread.It's black and looks newer with a connector. The transmission was serviced in 2001 from the sticker under the hood. My o/d light was flashing as well so is that definetly a VSS or VSS connector?

My speedometer is fine and in order to limp myself to work today I had to turn the o/d off on the highway and it was fine. Then for regular driving i switched back because it seemed to drive smoother and the light started flickering on and off.

Today is the first time I had this problem and the transmission has a significant whine w/ higher rpms. Sounds like a tranny ready to grenade to me but i'm not sure. The fluid is good nice and pink but it did have a burning smell to it. The first time I checked it I did it with the car off and it was mildy dirty but still pink. I then rechecked it with the car running in Park and it looked perfect.

Please let me know which direction to go. This car was purchased for $2200 in May w/ 121k now it has 128k.

97.Contour.GL.ATX 89.Dodge.Colt.4G63T