Originally posted by Rara:

And your kit is 80-100% more expensive than the $400 swap over to the SVT Focus brakes, I'm pretty sure your stuff isn't an 80-100% improvement in stopping distances or lap times over the FSVT brakes. Heck, I challenge you to show that your kit will stop 30% quicker than even the stock Contour SVT brakes in a fair back to back comparison. I guarantee it won't. It won't do much for single laptimes either, as long as its a fair comparison.

Originally posted by VisionOneAutosports:
but if it doesnt you need to ask yourself where your priorities lie... we focusedo n getting a big performer out there for a much more reasonable price, thats all

Well, if your priorities are the biggest bang for the buck, then it is easily the Focus SVT brake upgrade.

I'm not trying to discourage your sales here; I'm just trying to keep the playing field honest. And I happen to know a thing or two about brakes . . .

The focus SVT option is not bad on a budget, quality rotors and a good set of pads is even better on a budget!

Stepping up to a fixed 4 piston caliper over a stock floater enables

1: much larger selection of pad compounds for on and off the track

2: much better cooling and thus fade resistance than than the SVT could ever how to provide, which also leads to consitency in pedal feel after repeated stops.

If the focus SVT calipers and rotors were that good, focus owners would not upgrade them would they?

I must say Rara your arguments on the surface seem to be non biased, but really seem to be discouraging when you look at the information you conveniently leave out.