Today, I am lucky to be alive. Today, I am lucky to not be seriously hurt. Today, my Contour died. At around 4:45, I was coming back home from getting a hair cut. I was traveling down roads I have driven through a million times before. It was just another and a good day so far. As I made a turn down a side street I saw a Ford Excursion (or whatever that big damn truck's name is) Coming to a stop sign. I was very close to the stop sign and saw the truck not stop for the sign but keep going into the street. Stupid me, I thought people were supposed to stop for those. By the time I was in the intersection so was he. I layed on my horn but he must have never saw me because he never hit the brakes. I was hit at atleast 30mph but I think it was much faster. The truck nailed me square in between the drivers side front and rear doors. I then was sent spinning around and careening into a light pole. It happened in seconds.

When the car finally stopped thats when I started to get really pissed. I believe, "what the [censored] do you think you're doing came out of my mouth". I was rightfully mad and the guy new that. All he said was, "all my fault". You damn right it was. This guy blew a stop sign didn't look either way and didn't even slow down till after he hit me. I swear, there are too many dumb [censored] drivers out there. So I called my Dad from work and the manager of the McDonalds next door called the cops and an ambulance came to. I asked him why he didn't stop for the stop sign and he became very defensive and pissy saying that he said he was sorry and that it was his fault. Bottom line was I was pissed and rightfully so.

Now for the damage to the car. It is obviously totaled out. entire drivers side is caved in and smashed to [censored]. My passenger side back tire is turned sideways from where I hit the light pole. There is obviously heavy frame damage. Oh yea, there is a crack in the windshield from the frame getting twisted I bet. Rear deck window, and both driver's side windows shattered and the two side mirrors were ripped off. It was sad seeing the tow truck tow my car and listening to that bent tire squeal. I am okay, I went to the ER and got checked out. Just some very light pain in my shoulder and my neck in kinda stiff and sore. I am taking off these next 2 days of work to get everything figured out with my insurance company and getting a loaner car and taking all my belongings out of my beloved Contour. What is really sad is that I just installed Hella Optilux foglights the day before this and just got the angel eyes working 45min before the accident. Isn't that the pits?

Goodbye my friend. I will always remember you..and I will always miss you. R.I.P. 5/95 - 7/11/06

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System