Originally posted by Pugulis:
For the past five years I had been driving a 1987 Lesabre T-type. For those of you who don't know it (most don't) the Lesabre T-type was made for 3 years from 87-89. It was meant to replace the Grand National. But the prototypes they built had a problem hooking up the turbo to the fwd (the axles kept snaping). So Buick decided to give the car a handling package instead. This made the car one of the best handling cars made in the late 80's. The only GM that handled better was the Vette. The 3.8v6 was a powful engine, so much so that GM uses it in many of there cars to this day. Unlike the ford 3.8, the Buick one is a great engine. Good hp and tons of torque. Enough power that I could keep up with and beat most cars of the same generation (i.e. Camaros and Mustangs from the 80's) unless, of course, they had any work done on them. I loved this car like no other. Well, early this year I was coming back from a gig in NYC (I'm a musician) and the car started to overheat. The end result was either a blown head gasket or crack in the block or heads. Because of the age of the car and the fact that it needed other cosmetic work, I knew it was time to get a new one. Now even though I love the old T, It was becoming more and more difficult to get parts. The only place to go was the website I belonged to www.lesabreT.com or a salvage yard. I decided to look for a new car that I could love. While browsing ebay I came across the Contour. The cars looked to be in my price range with good gas milage and all that. While doing research I found CEG. After reading a few of the post I noticed alot of similarities between the lesabre T-type and the contour svt(i.e.good performance but underated). As well as the similarities of the owners and what they wanted out of a car. I decided that I had to get a Contour. After bidding, and losing out, on a few SVT's, I thought I was out of luck. Then I came across someone selling a regular v6 fully loaded in the local paper. When I went to look at the car it was better than I had expected. It was Black with a sunrood and alloy wheels. The girl was asking 1800, I offered 1700. I drove it home that day! That was over three months ago, and I love the car more and more every day!

very good story, although I need to disagree about the GM 3.8. Back in the late 80's it was an amaizing engine, ill hand GM that, but its getting so old and they keep putting the same engine in their new cars. I mean, my mom's 05' grand prix GT has the SAME engine that her 93 buick Regal had, the only real difference is that hers is a Series 3 which has some computer differences which allowed a slight increase in horsepower. Its still based off pushrod technology. I think its time for GM to move up and design a more technilogically advanced V6 for their midsized cars.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?