For the past five years I had been driving a 1987 Lesabre T-type. For those of you who don't know it (most don't) the Lesabre T-type was made for 3 years from 87-89. It was meant to replace the Grand National. But the prototypes they built had a problem hooking up the turbo to the fwd (the axles kept snaping). So Buick decided to give the car a handling package instead. This made the car one of the best handling cars made in the late 80's. The only GM that handled better was the Vette. The 3.8v6 was a powful engine, so much so that GM uses it in many of there cars to this day. Unlike the ford 3.8, the Buick one is a great engine. Good hp and tons of torque. Enough power that I could keep up with and beat most cars of the same generation (i.e. Camaros and Mustangs from the 80's) unless, of course, they had any work done on them. I loved this car like no other. Well, early this year I was coming back from a gig in NYC (I'm a musician) and the car started to overheat. The end result was either a blown head gasket or crack in the block or heads. Because of the age of the car and the fact that it needed other cosmetic work, I knew it was time to get a new one. Now even though I love the old T, It was becoming more and more difficult to get parts. The only place to go was the website I belonged to www.lesabreT.com or a salvage yard. I decided to look for a new car that I could love. While browsing ebay I came across the Contour. The cars looked to be in my price range with good gas milage and all that. While doing research I found CEG. After reading a few of the post I noticed alot of similarities between the lesabre T-type and the contour svt(i.e.good performance but underated). As well as the similarities of the owners and what they wanted out of a car. I decided that I had to get a Contour. After bidding, and losing out, on a few SVT's, I thought I was out of luck. Then I came across someone selling a regular v6 fully loaded in the local paper. When I went to look at the car it was better than I had expected. It was Black with a sunrood and alloy wheels. The girl was asking 1800, I offered 1700. I drove it home that day! That was over three months ago, and I love the car more and more every day!