Ive been seeing a couple of posts on occasion with people talking about why they joined CEG, so I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread with people posting their stories, you know like what inspired you to buy a contour? What made you become part of CEG?

Heres mine...

I needed a nice car that was a 4 door, got good gas mileage, was comfertable to ride in but had a fun drive to it at the same time. I wanted one with a stick shift, really badly. I was looking into a 91 Acura Integra 4 door. They wanted 2100 for it with 130K miles. It was quite nice, but I missed out on it. My brother being a ford fan said to me "What about a contour? They seem to be what you are looking for" I didnt know at the time they actually came with stick shifts, but I started looking into it. He pointed out a couple of adds, one was for a 96 mystique LS loaded for 3200, owned by a mechanic, but when we went to look at it it wasnt there. Then there was a 96 contour GL for sale for 1800, cheaper and the same amount of miles. exactly 100669. We pulled up and the second I saw it, I fell in love with it. the styling, the paint was beautiful. I loved the glare the pacific green gave off, and I thought to myself "please to god let it run really good" I walked up to the car, every time I look at a car the first thing I look at is the shifter (for obvious reasons) and my heart filled with joy, it was a stick, had a little more miles then I wanted, but once we started it up I changed my mind, it ran excellent. Went for a quick drive, came back the next day and sealed the deal after another longer test drive. bought it with 100696 on the odo. Never would have changed that decision, that car was the absolute perfect first car. Taught me a lot about budgeting and planning for car repairs. Plus I learned a hell of alot about auto mechanics and how cars worked. Shortly after I got the car, I got bit by the mod bug. I started modding it as money permitted, every extra dollar I had went into parts. I joined CEG the same day I bought the car. I knew my brother was a part of VWvortex when he had his jetta, and I wanted the same kind of information avliable. So I joined CEG to find out stuff about my car... I never knew I would make all of these friends, and go to so many meets and have such a good time because of a website. I love this place, and I will be here till the last day the site runs, which wont be for like... ever.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?