OK everybody complains about how the Contour is not a drag car and never will be. Wheelhop limits the power that you can put down and you get broken halfshafts due to wheelhop. How about this idea...

Like I've said in the past... If someone can make a 10 second K car, somebody can make a 10 second 'tour. Without spending an obscene amount of money.

Jack the rear end up, shift the weight forward, get filled motor mounts, and a built MTX-75 with an LSD. It should hook up. AFIAK, broken halfshafts are mainly due to wheel hop. With the filled mounts and the weight over the front end, that should be greatly reduced if not eliminated.

I really don't browse the suspension forums... Has anyone tried jacking up the rear end of a 'tour to help it hook up? I've thought of mounting some heavy duty air cylinders between the rear subframe and the stabilizer arms. (The arms that go from the center of the subframe to the knuckles.) When the cylinders are pressurized the rear end would be jacked up 3-4 inches and be rock solid. No compression. That would keep the weight from shifting to the rear. Just look at this pic...

He has some decent sized slicks on (but not oversized) and has the rear end jacked WAAY up.

This is a very good read too.

Waddya think? Am I

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.