So I get a leak in my front driver's side tire. It's sitting at 20psi on Monday, so I fill it up to 34psi. I notice on Wednesday, that it's back down to 20psi. I pull the wheel/tire off, and bring it into Discount tire. They labeled the tire "unrepairable," due to the fact that the nail sized hole is on the outside treads, where there are no steel belts.
So right now, I've got these awesome Dunlop Super Sport Race tires with about 7k miles on them, that probably have another good 7k miles before I'd have to replace them. That one tire is the only one that's bad. Here's the kicker, these tires are discontinued! So I called Luke @ Tirerack, and I'm waiting to hear back from him. In my voicemail, I explained my situation, and asked if he knew where I could pickup maybe 2 of these tires. Maybe one of their plants have 2 of them sitting around, needing a good home.
If not, I've got these practically brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE-070's sitting in my garage, ready to be put on. Picked them up for $100 for the set of 4. My buddy took them off of his Sti @ ~2k miles(still have the nubs!!). Just thought I'd tell you about my frustration, with having some awesome($115 a piece) tires that I can't do anything with. BTW, they're 225/45/17's, 60treadware/AA traction , so I'll most likely keep them for a spare set, or mount them to a couple of wheels I'll pickup for drag wheels.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq