Originally posted by phil:

Let us know how this project works out. I've only done a little A/C work, none of it requiring a vacuum.

to properly fill the system it needs the air pumped out of it, the R-134A has a vaporization point much much lower then air. if you have air in the system it will hurt the efficience of the system.

so since I have a leak so gross that two 12 oz cans leaked out in 3 days my system is so low it will not turn on. If I replace the accumulator/dryer the system will be openned completly up. Therefor the system needs to be evacuated to determine that it is not leaking and to also allow for the charging of the system.

these are all reasons I took my 99 in to the dealer for this, plus I needed it done with in a three day period before leaving for SZ. on my 95 if something gets messed up it will not bother me so why not try doing it myself this time since I have some better knowledge of how it all works

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family