Quote:

They have to be the same grade of piston before he can use yours. He must check the grade and of course the style of piston first, then compare.

I was wondering if there is slight differences between the escape and taurus pistons. Where do I check for the grade of the piston? My engine is from a 2003 Sable if that helps anybody.

Quote:

JUST finished this ordeal.. you CAN order one piston. It is complete with the rod, wrist pin, and rings OR just the piston.

My dealership said they didn't even sell pistons for my engine at all. Just a bearing set and rebuilt engines. So if I just took the car into the dealership and told them to fix it they would have just put a whole new engine in. Doing all the work myself has been a PIA sometimes but its sure alot better than taking it up the tailpipe from the dealer. I will call Bill and see what they say.

Quote:

I have a set of 04 Escape pistons for sale minus a set of rings and a single c-clip for the wrist pin. PM me if interested.

Would it work to just replace all 6 with the 04 escape pistons and can I just use a C clip from the bad piston?

98.5 Black contour // A.K.A. Frankenstein 3L Oval port swap W P&P // SVT UIM, LIM, & Cams Torsen LSD // Dual Friction // KKM // Poly Mounts // ?Mystery Mod? // Actually Running! 205 hp @ 6500RPM 180 tq @ 4250RPM