ok, so I have my stock head unit, and since there are no RCA outs for an external amp on it I decided to pick up this little number... Legacy LN60

Its a high level out to RCA connecter I picked one up for $12 shipped. Something to use for the next couple of months, as I am getting a really nice Head unit for christmas. My Corolla has a CD changer in the trunk which is aftermarket, its a Pioneer. The way its set up to turn it on you go to 88.9 on the radio and use a changer remote that comes up right next to the driver, which has a power button on it... I thought to myself "it would be sweet if I could turn the subs on and off with the CD changer..."

Since I know there is the signal line that goes from the amp to the back of the Head unit, which all its really for is to know when to turn the amp on and off... Could I just split the remote wire on the back of the changer so that I dont have to run the wire up to the head unit and I can turn the amp on and off as I please?

Someone correct me if I am wrong..

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?