Done. Total time: 10 hours. 5 hours for the front which included a radiator replacement and oil cooler installation, and 5 hours for the rear. With the radiator out the front header was CAKE. The rear sucked, but that might be my impression because of how easy it was for me to do the front.

Some of those bolts are a PITA to get to, if you have small hands, you're blessed for work installing headers on a contour. Would've helped a lot. I left one bolt on the rear header only halfway screwed in because it got really tight and I was afraid to ruin the threads in the soft aluminum head, the other 5 bolts are nice and tight so I'm not going to worry about it so much. It was the one directly above the alternator. It was just not a good situation for that bolt.

All in all, haven't had time for impressions yet, but sure has a mean groul sound to it at low RPM/idle. I'll be breakin' them in nicely tomorrow and over the weekend

I sure am glad to have this job done and out of the way. Like really glad.

EDIT: jeez, forgot why I made this post in the first place; big thank you to everyone for the detailed information in the header install how-to, FAQ, and Weapon R headers thread (stazi's money saving EGR fix)!

Last edited by rkneeshaw3.0; 07/01/06 04:04 AM.